The Atlantic Presenters Association (APA) is the regional arts presenter’s organization for the four Atlantic Provinces: Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. It is a leader in the presentation of the performing arts and promotes the development of performing arts touring in the Atlantic region. The APA’s mission is to enable our members to enhance, promote, and facilitate diverse, quality live performances, and to provide an exchange of best practices and ideas.
The lives of Atlantic Canadians are enriched because of the strong, vital presenters providing live performance experiences.
- As an organization, we believe working together in a supportive, collegial, generous way strengthens everyone.
- We believe communities should be empowered to have a local curatorial voice.
- We believe that a safe, supportive, enriching, collaborative environment allows for rich personal and professional development.
- Every community in Atlantic Canada deserves as rich a cultural life as anywhere else in Canada.
- We believe one’s association with their peers can validate their professionalism in the presenting field and the association validates the profession to the broader field.